Serves 2 people
Ingredients: 3 courgettes 1 onion (I like to substitute with leak or spring onions too) Handful of fresh basil Handful of fresh thyme Veggie stock Salt & Pepper Olive Oil
Don’t let the simple and very few ingredients fool you - the blend of tastes is so surprisingly yummy it has to be one of my favourite soups ever! I hope you enjoy it too! Thank you to my friend, Edouard, for introducing me to the recipe.
- Chop the onion and sauté with some olive oil in a large sauce pan.
- When the onion becomes transparent add sliced up courgettes. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add boiling water just to cover the courgettes and mix in the stock cube - cover with a lid, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes until the courgettes become soft.
- Stir chopped basil and thyme leaves (without the stem) into the soup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mix in more boiling water for desired consistency and taste.
Tip: if you're using a hand blender, blend before you add more water - much easier and quicker to catch the chunky bits in thick consistency.